We’ve had a short break while we’ve been iterating (we’re big into that) on what this newsletter is all about. Using a combination of analytics data from our email provider and qualitative research, we’re making some format changes.
Instead of the focus of the newsletter being about stunning websites, we’re flipping it to be a bloody good reading list that also features nice sites too.
You might be wondering why? One of the reasons is that we’re struggling to find sites in the wild that look stunning that aren’t also full of accessibility issues. We’re not comfortable sharing links to those anymore. We’ve also received a lot of feedback at this point that the links we share are far more valuable, so that’s now the focus. It means the newsletter is much more lightweight because there’s a 100% reduction in images.
With all of that that in mind, let’s get stuck in.
- 📖 The problem with sticky menus and what to do instead
- 📖 How Nike became the brand to imitate
- 😍 Bulgarian logo archive, by ABVA
- 📖 Leonard Cohen on perfectionism
- 😍 Wise redesign
- 😍 Gibraltar Nature Reserve ⚠️ Motion warning
- 📖 The playful design details of the Playdate console
- 📖 OK, OKLCH: a color picker made to help think perceptively
- 😍 RCA Records
- 📖 Why ‘dark mode’ causes more accessibility issues than it solves (👋 I definitely experience halation because I have an astigmatism and have everything in light mode)
Until the next issue, take it easy 👋
— Andy Bell
Hey there, we are Set Studio.
We make stunning websites. It's that simple.
We help organisations set clear goals and deliver them with confidence, by helping them produce stunning websites that work for everyone.
We would love to help you produce stunning websites, too. Why not see what we’re all about?